Terms & Conditions
comprising (IPTV) LIVE TV, VOD, VIDEO CLUB, AND RADIO
- General information
- 1. The use of the Services is subject to Naicom’s General Consumer Terms & Conditions, and any other terms and conditions that you and we may have agreed to from time to time. You may view our Terms and Conditions at Legal Notice & Terms.
- 2. Deﬁnitions
- In these Service Speciﬁc Terms and Conditions:
- "Charges" means all activation, connection, disconnection, reconnection, subscription, transactional, rental administrative charges and other fees and charges to be paid by you for or relating to the Services or the Equipment. The Charges will be in accordance with the rates in our prevailing rate tables available on our website or at our customer service centre.
- "Content Expiry Date" means the date as determined by us, in which a Video or Content will cease to be available to you under the VOD service provided via the relevant VOD Platform.
- "Equipment" means the set-top box (Naicom TV set-top box for Live TV, VOD or Radio use), remote control and related accessories provided by us under this Agreement and which you use to obtain or access the Services.
- "HD" means high deﬁnition format.
- “4K” Means 4K definition format.
- "Network" means any and all networks owned, maintained or operated by, and/or leased/licensed to us (including our nation-wide network which includes but is not limited to the distribution of tv set up boxes or serving the Premises, the Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network operated by third party network providers, our VIDEO Club network, our mobile telecommunications network, and the internet) through which we provide the Services to you.
- “Personal Data” shall have the meaning set out in Naicom Data Protection Policy.
- "Premises" means the property or individual unit (in a multi-unit or multi-storey building/apartment block) bearing the Service Address, which is owned or occupied by you and connected to the Network.
- "Services" or “Naicom TV “Services” means the television services which are provided by Naicom Corp. via the IPTV Network by such names as we deem appropriate including (i) the pay television service known as "Naicom TV" which includes IPTV, VOD, VIDEO CLUB, and RADIO; (ii) or such other television services as may be provided by us from time to time.
- “Subscription” making an agreement to make an advance payment in order to receive or participate in Naicom TV services.
- "Service Address" means the address of the Premises at which we agree to provide the Service.
- "Software" means any software programme, application and ﬁrmware including any upgrades provided to you as part of the Services or which allows you to access the Services.
- "IP TV customers" means the residential customers of the IP TV Service.
- "Video Club customers" means the residential customers of Naicom Video Club Service.
- "Territory" means the United States of America, and it’s Territories.
- "Viewing Period" means the prescribed limited time frame during which you will be permitted to view a Video that you have rented.
- "Video" means each programme made available to you on the IPTV VOD and VIDEO Club platform.
- "VOD" means video-on-demand.
- "VOD Platform" means the Services speciﬁed by us from time to time, through which VOD services are available, including Naicom TV Services.
3. Eligibility for Naicom IPTV Service
- 3.1 Unless otherwise permitted by us in writing, the IPTV Service is only available to residential customers for residential use and the customer’s registered mobile phones.
3.2 At the time of application, you must not have any outstanding accounts with us that are due and owing to us.
3.3 Subject to Clauses 3.5 and 3.6 below, the IPTV Services may be delivered via either of the following modes:-
3.4 Via internet, provided that the Premises must ﬁrst be connected to an internet service provider. Without prejudice to the foregoing, our IPTV Services are only available at such Premises and properly registered mobile phones; and
3.5 You acknowledge and agree that availability of Naicom IPTV Service is subject to:-
3.6 availability of resources, including but not limited to, availability of a suitable internet infrastructure at the time at which the Service is requested or delivered; and geographical coverage and technical capacity of internet and of our delivery systems at the time at which the Service is requested or delivered.
3.7 you must liaise with and procure the relevant management corporation or building/apartment block owner to procure, install and/or maintain the facilities, equipment consents, licenses, permits and/or rights referred to in paragraphs (a) and (b) above; and
3.8 we will not be responsible for the quality of the programming transmissions received through such facilities and equipment. We will only be responsible for the quality of the programming transmitted from our data center to our set up box point of pick-up located at your premises.
3.9 Without prejudice to the foregoing, we will not be responsible for any Service failure, interruption or performance degradation arising from any failure to procure, install and/or maintain such facilities and equipment, and/or such facilities and equipment themselves.
- 4. Other Eligibility Criteria
- Information We CollectOur store collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a personal account. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We also obtain data from third parties (including other companies). For example, we supplement the data we collect by purchasing demographic data from other companies. We also use services from other companies to help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your location. The data we collect depends on the services and features you use.